Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nicaragua - Day ??


Buenas Dias,

It is 4:20 in the morning on Tuesday. We're about to leave for the airport. Monday was a long and very rewarding day. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to write. By the time we finished eating and having a devotional, it was after 11 p.m.

We were back at Rene Polanco Monday. I spent the whole day translating for our dermatologist again. I've found this to be exhausting. My typical day at work involves doing stuff like what I'm doing now: typing in a quiet place. Having to talk all day long, arbitrating between two parties in 2 languages, plus all the medical stuff I don't understand in either language simply zapped the energy out of me.

Monday was largely the same as Saturday. Same type of patients, lunch, etc.

Remember the boy I mentioned Saturday that had a open bacterial infection on his skin? He came back Monday and was much improved. It was still there, but only a couple of inches in diameter instead of the 5-6 inches it was before.

I have to go soon, so I wanted to brag on our Ruben. While we were off lolygaggin at the hotel, Ruben used the opportunity to talk to the staff about his faith. He started the day we arrived and it culminated last night with a Bible study with two of the men that work here. Ruben gave their contact information to Jose and Noel (the new evangalist at Rene Polanco). We'll see were it goes. God willing, the seeds will grow to bear good fruit.

Got to go now. I'll write again soon ...

No comments: